What’s better than karaoke night? Karaoke with a friend! Music is about communicating and sharing. When you add more voices, you create more energy and fun.
Here’s a list of some of the best karaoke duets to try out:
1. Like I’m Gonna Lose You – Meghan Trainor and John Legend
This is an easy song to sing karaoke to that has a good balance for two strong vocalists. It’s about making the most of every moment you and those you care about are together.
2. Don’t Go Breaking My Heart – Elton John and Kiki Dee
This song is easy to sing, making it a popular choice for those just getting their feet wet singing in front of a crowd.
3. Shallow – Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper
This is a huge track from “A Star Is Born.” This is mostly Lady Gaga flexing her talents, so the female lead needs to be confident.
4. Endless Love – Diana Ross and Lionel Richie
This classic never leaves a list of best karaoke duets because it’s tough and couples that can sing it like to show off their skills.
5. Walk This Way – Aerosmith
Run D.M.C. helped revamp this song into a rock and rap party song. Anyone can jump on stage and sing along to this one.
6. Fireball – Pitbull and John Ryan
If the audience has been getting restless, this spicy, familiar tune will let them dance off some energy.
7. Come What May – Ewan McGregor and Nicole Kidman
This song from “Moulin Rouge” packs an emotional punch. Perfect for a romantic couple.
8. The Time Of My Life – Bill Medley and Jennifer Warnes
This gem from “Dirty Dancing” is fun to sing and will warm up the crowd in a big way.
9. Girls Just Want To Have Fun – Cyndi Lauper
This song launched Cyndi Lauper’s career. Two females can swap on the lead and more can join in as background singers.
10. We Got the Beat – The Go-Go’s
This was The Go-Gos’ chart topping single. Like Cyndi Lauper’s song, it’s a “more the merrier” duet.
11. Empire State Of Mind – Jay Z and Alicia Keys
A fantastic song to cover for all fans of New York City. It’s more difficult than first meets the ear. When you can cover this, it’s a great showpiece.
12. I Know What You Did Last Summer – Shawn Mendes and Camila Cabello
This is a steamy, striking duet that will have the audience pausing and looking up from their seltzers. There’s a strong balance between the leads.
13. Despacito – Luis Fonsi and Daddy Yankee
Practice your Spanish with this mega hit. It has over 7.5 billion views on YouTube, so there will be plenty of people in the audience singing along.
14. Perfect Duet – Ed Sheeran and Beyoncé
Re-released as a duet with Beyoncé, this 2017 instant wedding classic works brilliantly as a duet.
15. For Good – Kristin Chenoweth and Idina Menzel
A poignant song about two friends going their separate ways. From “Wicked,” it’s perfect for those that crave Broadway musicals.
16. Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It) – Beyoncé
While it works as a duet, it’s also a great song for even more girls to get up on stage and have fun.
17. Rich Girl – Gwen Stefani and Eve
A fun adaptation of the musical Fiddler On The Roof’s “If I Were A Rich Man.” Jump up on stage and have a blast.
18. When I Grow Up – The Pussycat Dolls
The goals are those of a young girl and should be carried with a sense of humor. The bridge and the chorus allow a true soprano to show off her range.
19. Under Pressure – Queen and David Bowie
One of the most popular songs in Queen’s catalog was this blockbuster release that featured Freddie Mercury and superstar, David Bowie (two of the greatest male singers ever, mind you).
For the “Freddie Mercury Tribute Concert for AIDS Awareness” that was held in 1992, his part was covered by Annie Lennox, proving the versatility of this as a karaoke duet.
20. Just Give Me A Reason – P!nk and Nate Ruess
Both singers get a chance to flex on this one. Nate Ruess is the lead singer of the band, Fun. You can hear their influence on the bass and drums.
21. Start of Something New – Zac Efron and Vanessa Hudgens
From Disney’s “High School Musical,” most everyone is familiar with this tune. Even the official video thinks this is a great karaoke duet.
22. Señorita – Shawn Mendes and Camila Cabello
The song is only a couple of years old, but it’s destined to become a classic in every DJ’s collection of karaoke duet songs. It’s an easy ballad with a strong balance between both singers.
23. Beauty and the Beast – Celine Dion and Peabo Bryson
Dion and Bryson were both in their prime on this track from the Disney film of the same name. It’ll take some focused rehearsing to bring this duet to life, but the rewards will be worth it.
24. Girl From The North Country – Bob Dylan and Johnny Cash
Six years after Bob Dylan released this easy folk ballad, he re-released it as a duet in collaboration with Johnny Cash. A good song for warming up. If you listen to Bob Dylan’s part in the recording, you’ll learn there’s a lot of room for forgiveness in this song.
25. Barbie Girl – Aqua
This was a hit comedy song back in 1997. It’s a fun song to sing and a perfect vehicle for anyone with first time jitters.
26. Ain’t No Mountain High Enough – Marvin Gaye and Tammi Terrell
Written by Ashford and Simpson, this was also covered by Diana Ross and the Supremes. The audience will be lip-syncing to the chorus.
27. Dancing Queen – ABBA
Audiences will know this song from either the 70s or “Mamma Mia!” Either way, it’s a strong tune that works as a duet.
28. Up Where We Belong – Joe Cocker and Jennifer Warnes
This mega hit from “Officer and a Gentleman” has been a karaoke favorite for decades. If you’re familiar with Joe Cocker, you know you don’t have to be John Legend to cover this song, just stay in tune.
29. Easy Lover – Phil Collins and Phil Bailey
Two powerhouse stars from the 80s teamed up and gave us a duet that never loses its shine. Much respect for anyone who can nail Phil Bailey’s falsetto.
30. Can’t Remember To Forget You – Shakira and Rihanna
Great for showcasing two stars with evenly balanced skills. There’s a great ska vibe that calls to the performers’ roots. Think about this one for Caribbean Night.
31. The Other Side – Hugh Jackman and Zac Efron
This song is from the movie “The Greatest Showman.” There’s little that’s technically difficult. It’s more about give and take between vocalists. However, in spite of the antics of the two men in the movie, throwing bottles to the bartender isn’t recommended.
32. State Of Shock – The Jacksons [Ft. Michael Jackson and Mick Jagger]
This was a hit back in 1984. Anyone who is a fan of the Rolling Stones or the King of Pop will recognize this. Its grinding rhythm will have everyone dancing.
33. Rewrite the Stars – Zac Efron and Zendaya
It’s a showcase for any guy that can match Zac Efron’s range. This is another song from “The Greatest Showman.”
34. Ring Of Fire – Johnny Cash
If you want a country song that features a baritone, you can’t go wrong with Johnny Cash. The song is easily harmonized and covered as a duet for most vocal ranges.
35. Islands in the Stream – Kenny Rogers and Dolly Parton
What’s a list of karaoke duet songs without two pop and country legends? The chorus takes a little getting used to but learning this will help you raise your confidence on stage. We strongly consider this one of the best karaoke songs ever, so if you have a partner you should definitely give it a try!
36. DJ Got Us Fallin’ In Love – Usher and Pitbull
Usher and Pitbull collaborated to bring us a solid rapper/singer classic. A few rehearsals will bring out your best.
37. All the Small Things – Blink-182
This indie band’s 90s anthem is very easy for those just getting up the nerve to get on stage and would rather not go it alone.
38. Your Song – Elton John
A beautiful, iconic ballad that easily lends itself to being performed as a couple’s duet. Take turns singing the lead and add harmonic lines when it feels comfortable.
39. You Got A Friend In Me – Randy Newman and Lyle Lovett
Lyle Lovett teamed with composer Randy Newman to turn this Academy Award winner from “Toy Story” into a duet. It’s less than three minutes and great for anyone wanting to get up on the stage for the first time or is trying to win a karaoke challenge bet.
40. Human League – Don’t You Want Me
A hit of the New Wave era. There are undertones of controlling sexism here, but the woman is content to leave him in her rearview mirror.
41. See You Again – Wiz Khalifa and Charlie Puth
Another good song for a rapper/singer duo. It was composed for the film “Furious 7” and became a tribute to the late Paul Walker, who died in a car accident prior to the film’s release.
“Let the light guide your way.”
Cover this song and there won’t be a dry eye in the house.
That rounds out our list of the best karaoke duet songs to try today!