Let’s face it: Shopping for other people usually isn’t easy. Shopping for guitarists is no different.
It can be even more challenging if you don’t know anything about guitars or the tools that guitar players rely on. Luckily, our comprehensive guide will highlight a few noteworthy products, while also covering the essential aspects to keep in mind when shopping for the guitarist in your life.
Here are the 15 best gifts for guitar players in your life.
If you know a guitarist who likes to travel, camp, or hike, the Martin Steel String Backpacker Travel Guitar is an ideal gift. This guitar is super lightweight, coming in at less than 3 pounds and is easy to take on the go. It’s also an excellent guitar for fingerpicking, as are many of the best travel guitars out there.
- The Martin strings are high-quality and produce a good sound.
- This guitar is extremely lightweight — perfect for a guitarist who likes to travel and doesn’t want to bring their expensive acoustic guitars with them.
- The sound is impressive for a guitar so lightweight.
- A strap isn’t included, so you’ll have to buy your own.
Also Consider: The Best Acoustic Electric Guitars
This guitar rack is useful in a number of situations, whether the guitarist is in the studio, jamming at home, or playing a show. It’s steady and will keep your instruments upright without tipping or sliding on the floor. It will remain upright on floors like linoleum, carpet, and concrete.
- It’s easy to install and transport since it comes back apart.
- This rack can hold up to five guitars.
- It also fits instruments besides guitars, such as mandolins and basses.
- This rack only comes in one color, so there’s not much diversity there.
Every guitarist should have a sturdy guitar mount display case to show off their most prized instruments. This electric and bass guitar display case is a classy and effective way to display a guitarist’s instrument.
- The display case is made of actual hardwood as opposed to pressed wood or veneer.
- The background is red felt, which gives it an elegant look.
- It’s also lockable with a key, to protect the guitar inside.
- It doesn’t fit acoustic guitars.
A guitar effect pedal case is handy for guitarists, but many can run on the expensive side. Luckily, this pedalboard case from Ghost Fire is not only reasonably priced but a high-quality purchase for guitarists of all experience levels.
- It’s completely lightweight and easy to carry.
- The dual lock gives the guitarist extra security to rely on to secure the pedals in place.
- It’s also non-skid, thanks to the rubber pads that keep the case in place.
- It could be a bit sturdier.
- The Velcro will also need to be replaced eventually.
If the guitarist in your life is a fan of heavy metal music, a distortion pedal is ideal. The high gain is perfect for heavy metal music, and it’s sure to impress fans of Black Sabbath and Iron Maiden fans alike.
- You’ll have a volume and gain button, giving you the most control over your sound.
- Although it has a glossy finish, this pedal is durable too.
- It’s versatile enough that you can use it in the studio, in your bedroom, or live on stage.
- The pedal can get noisy once you push it past a certain level of gain.
One of the best things about tuners is that even for the most experienced guitar player who knows how to easily tune their guitar, they’re still a great gift just because of how handy they are. This one, in particular, is wireless, which is even more useful.
- It’s lightweight and compact, meaning it’s easy to take along with you.
- It’s a standard six-string tuner with standard pitch.
- The LCD display makes it easier to read than other tuners.
- It only comes in one color — black — which can be a little boring for some.
Keeping your instrument shipshape is just part of being a guitarist, and the Elagon (PCP) Pro Car Plus Kit makes it easier than ever to make sure your instrument is clean and fit. The included accessories are also rather impressive.
- You’ll be able to keep both the strings and guitar clean.
- This care kit also works for other instruments, such as mandolins, banjos, and ukuleles.
- It comes with a digital tuner to a polish cloth, picks, and an Oxford cloth bag.
- The string winder can be tricky to use if you’ve never used one before.
For guitarists who don’t prefer to have their instruments hanging on the wall, Fender makes a quality guitar stand to ensure your instrument gets the attention it deserves. It’s durable and completely portable — perfect for guitarists who like to travel.
- The stand itself is sleek and made of high-quality tweed and black vinyl.
- The inside lining is made of crushed acrylic plush, which looks especially impressive.
- This guitar stand can actually hold up to seven instruments, which is unmatched quality.
- It is on the heavier side as far as stands go.
Guitarists can’t always jam out, right? What if it’s 2 a.m. and the neighbors are sleeping? Luckily, there are the Audio-Technica studio headphones — perfect for the guitarist who likes to rock out during odd hours. Due to the sound isolation, you’ll be able to hear yourself play clearly without disturbing anyone around you.
- The headphones are very durable.
- It also comes with a screw-on adapter and a carrying pouch.
- As mentioned above, the ATH-M30x has excellent sound isolation.
- It doesn’t have a detachable cable, however.
Guitars don’t thrive in extreme temperatures or humid climates. That’s where the Oasis humidifier/hygrometer comes in. This gift will allow your guitarist to adjust its settings and keep their guitar at the perfect temperature.
- The humidification settings are entirely adjustable.
- It won’t leak as a result of overfilling.
- You’ll easily be able to see when it needs a refill.
- The Velcro has a tendency to come loose if not properly cared for.
Every guitarist needs a good chair to sit in, whether it’s just for practice or it’s during a live show. The Gator Frame Works guitar seat is not only sleek and comfortable, but it also has a built-in guitar stand for added convenience.
- The seat is both padded and durable, making it extremely comfortable.
- It can hold up to 300 pounds.
- This guitar seat will hold electric, acoustic, and bass guitars, no problem.
- There is some assembly required, which could get confusing for some.
- The seat also might be a little low for upright bassists.
What’s cooler than making your own picks? If you know a guitarist who’s always losing picks or who prefers signature picks, this pick punch might just be for them.
- You’ll be able to create sturdy picks every time, thanks to the punch’s design.
- It’s easy to use.
- This gift allows the guitarist to appreciate and make personalized picks.
- It only comes in one color, so there’s not much room for expression there.
Let’s face it: all guitars will have snapped strings eventually. Luckily, this string changing kit exists to make that easier for guitarists, and as such, it makes a perfect gift.
- String changing is much easier since you have all the tools you need to do so.
- It includes tools like the peg winder, string cutter, TUNE-IT lubricant, and a storage bag.
- This changing kit is very convenient, especially if you notice your strings break a lot,
- If you’re newer to the guitar scene, the plethora of tools can be a bit overwhelming.
Are you looking for the perfect gift for the electric guitarist in your life? This waterproof soft case might be a good starting place.
- This case is totally weather-resistant, making it ideal for traveling.
- The case’s internal plush micro-fleece lining and padding ensures your guitar is protected while in the case.
- It also has a carrying handle, so it’s easier to transport.
- The plastic clasps aren’t as durable, so they might have to be replaced eventually.
With this guitar support, guitarists are able to work on their posture and play more comfortably. It doesn’t matter if the guitarist in your life is a beginner or a pro — this guitar sport is useful for everyone.
- Whether it’s jazz, classical or flamenco, this support is great for all guitarists.
- It’s lightweight, so it’s easy to transport and travel with.
- It’s also adjustable, so you’ll be able to tailor it to your liking.
- It’s a right-handed model, so it won’t work if you’re left-handed.
How to Find the Best Gifts for the Guitarist in Your Life
The good news is that even if you’re torn on what to buy the guitarist in your life, there are thousands of great options on the market right now. But don’t let that overwhelm you — all those products have the potential to surprise and stun the guitar player in your life with their usefulness.
To make it a little easier, here are some things to consider when you’re shopping for a guitar player.
Personality plays a significant role in gift-giving, no matter if you’re buying a gift for a guitarist or not. You’ll want to really consider their nature when shopping for the perfect gift.
For example, is this guitar player shy? If so, maybe a pair of studio headphones that allow them to play as loud as they want without anyone hearing would be ideal. On the other hand, if the guitar player is a born-to-rock stud, maybe a high-quality amp is in order.
What Type of Guitar They Play
As you might’ve guessed, the type of guitar your guitarist plays can also help you narrow down your list of gift ideas. Some products are specifically designed for acoustic guitars, and some are made with electric and bass guitars in mind. Find out what instrument they use the most and go from there.
You also want to make sure that if you’re buying something like a case, that it fits perfectly. It’s all too easy to buy the wrong size, especially if you purchase a product meant for a different type of guitar. Having a guitar that fits smaller hands could be a huge deal for the person you're buying it for, so keep those kind of things in mind when purchasing!
Their Individual Needs
When gift-giving for a guitar player, it’s also essential to consider their individual needs. For example, if they have 200 picks, they probably don’t need it anymore.
Finding out what their aspirations as a guitarist are can help, too. If they were born to be on stage, having quality or portable amps, guitar stands and a comfortable chair or stool are all essentials.
The bottom line is this: Consider what type of gift would make the most sense in their life as a guitarist. Put yourself in their shoes as best you can and go from there.
So, what’s the verdict? Out of the 15 gifts for guitar players, the best overall is the Elagon (PCP) Pro Care Plus Kit. It’s handy and exceptionally useful for novices just getting started learning guitar and experts to the craft alike.
But regardless of what gift you choose for the guitar player in your life, rest assured that by diving deep into their personal preferences and habits, you’ll be able to find something that not only brings a smile to their face but also proves useful.